Wednesday, April 30, 2014

thirty is the loneliest number


thirty is the loneliest number
 
food is clearly part of the reason, Pam,
cause resentful displeasure (you you know):
f-bomb. Except it’s not my club;
 
mandibles, calm as amylase, self-
cleaning (parents);
 
                              hard as balls,
recyclable, an arid, Nordic
colander: a default couple, near
sense: yolk, considered hoarding.
 
red phase: and she has content, not
skin. Justin Bieber, moon. Perfect,
our normal.
 
                    smudged, your mercy,
not our business. Ursula Le Guin
vaunteth not herself. Australian
mariachi-rap. we’re electronic
               

                   

Note:
The last post of the month, a compliation of the earlier poems. I wasn’t sure what constraint to put on myself here, but I decided to sample my poems for the month in order, picking favorite phrases, words, lines, or punctuation.
 

Here is the prompt I was responding to:
 
Conclude the project by writing a poem that incorporates words and lines from all of your past 29 poems.

No comments: