Thursday, March 13, 2014

Oulipost preview! boys, boys, boys.

The oulipost exercise starts in April, but I wanted to share my warm-up exercise.


here is the assignment:


TAUTOGRAM...
Compose a poem whose words -- or at least the principal ones -- all begin with the same letter. The words must be sourced from your newspaper.



This is what I did with that. It's probably not Shakespeare, but it's a start.





boys, boys:
behind Bellaire, Brandon
Buckley becoming Big Bird
bit by bit, but better,
brighter; back behind Bellaire

 
SOURCE:  Bellaire boys tracksters encouraged by early-season results, Houston Chronicle March 12







2 comments:

beth said...

Richard, I'm so sorry! Aside from me calling you "Matt" somehow, the rest of my comment stands. :)

Richard Thompson said...

Lol, no worries!!